So it seems as Google is been working very hard this holidays and it’s bringing lots of new stuff in all areas including Marshmallow 6.0.1 OTA to all Nexus devices, Google Camera and earlier today they made a huge update to Google Authenticator which had not received an update since 2013 according to “App Brain” .
This update bring a hand full of new features, enhancements and compatibility of android Wear.
- UI improvements: new theme and icon
- Support for Android Wear devices
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Developer preview: support for NFC Security Key (FIDO Universal 2nd Factor protocol)
Not familiar with Google Authenticator?
Here is what it is:
Google Authenticator generates 2-step verification codes on your phone.
Enable 2-step verification to protect your account from hijacking by adding another layer of security. With 2-step verification signing in will require a code generated by the Google Authenticator app in addition to your account password.
Start by visiting accounts.google.com/SmsAuthConfig
* Generates codes even in airplane mode!
* Support for multiple accounts
* Support for multiple languages
* Support for Android Wear