Can’t wait to upgrade to a new connected car? Starting today, you can buy Samsung Connect auto from AT&T.
This AT&T exclusive device turns most vehicles (1996 and newer) into powerful mobile Wi-Fi hotspots and more.
Just plug Samsung Connect auto into your car’s OBD II (on-board diagnostics) port located underneath your steering wheel. Then, your passengers can connect up to 10 devices (phones, tablets, and laptops) through an AT&T 4G LTE-powered Wi-Fi hotspot to the nation’s largest network.
AT&T will be the first wireless provider of Samsung Connect auto in the U.S.
Samsung Connect auto is available at att.com/connectauto for $0 down with a 2-year agreement or $109.99 with no annual commitment. Starting Sept. 9, find it in AT&T retail stores nationwide.
Add the device to your Mobile Share Value or Mobile Share Advantage plan for an additional access charge of $10 a month. Or, connect it with a DataConnect plan for $20 for 1GB or $30 for 3GB a month.
These features and benefits let you sit back and enjoy the ride:
- Easy: No cables – just plug it in to your car’s OBDII port and access key features through the smartphone app.
- Monitoring: Through GPS, keep track of your car’s whereabouts on and off the road. For example, find your car in a crowded parking lot and get notifications if your car is towed.
- Vehicle Health: Receive maintenance alerts for low battery or tire pressure through the smartphone app. It also decodes engine light indicators to communicate vehicle issues to drivers.
- Driver Scorecard: Monitor your driving behavior including braking, acceleration and speeding. Get a score of 0 – 100 that enables drivers to make improvements and cost-savings adjustments.
- Secure: Keep personal info and data safe with defense-grade security, Samsung KNOX.
The Samsung Connect auto smartphone app is available on Google Play and The App Store, and is compatible with most devices on Android and iOS operating systems.
Check out this video to see how it works.
According to a study by AT&T and Ericsson, the Wi-Fi hotspot ranked as the No. 1 feature that U.S. consumers are willing to purchase for their new car.
For more details, visit http://www.samsung.com/us/connectauto